[R] Color barplots with a conditional?

R. Michael Weylandt <michael.weylandt@gmail.com> michael.weylandt at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 02:40:35 CEST 2011

You've almost got it. If your category variables are factors, then adding col=data$category to plot() will do it automatically since factors will be coerced to their integer representation. If you want a different color map, you can do arithmetic transformations on the integer codings directly as well.

Let me know if I can clarify this further.

Michael Weylandt