[R] How to compute the power of a wilcoxon test?

tn85 niu at isis.georgetown.edu
Thu Sep 15 15:47:30 CEST 2011

Hello All,

I posted a similar question before, but the direction was driven to whether
my case is suitable for a wilcoxon test. After research about the
appropriateness, I am pretty sure that a wilcoxon test is the right tool for
my case. But how to compute the power of the test is still an unanswered
question bothering me.

The basic stats of my two paired samples are:
mean1 = 0.0032,   sd1 = 0.012
mean2 = 0.00042, sd2 = 0.0016
sample size = 366

Could anyone help? Thank you in advance.