[R] demo creating

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 15:39:01 CEST 2011

On 15/09/2011 10:22 PM, John Clark wrote:
> R experts:
>
> I want to prepare a demo (that will play sequentially in clicks) for a
> presentation tutorial...Can somebody help me how can I write a demo, suppose
> the following are steps in the demo..
>
> #start
> set.seed(1345)
> x1<- sample(letters[1:10], 5)
> x1
> sort(x1)
> x<- sample(1:10, 5)
>   y<- sample(c(11:20), 5)
> require(lattice)
> plot(x,y)
> z<- rnorm(5, 1, 0.5)
> dataframe<- data.frame(x, y, z)
> model1<- lm(y ~x)
> aov(model1)
> #end
> Please help me, I could not get proper function / package to it.

I would use the tcltk package for this, but it does mean you need to
learn the TCL/TK language.  For example, I have used this in a presentation:

demos <- function() {
     base <- tktoplevel()
     tkwm.title(base,"Demos")
     font <- "{Arial 24}"
     tkpack(tkbutton(base, command=PointCloud, text="Point cloud",
font=font), side="left")
     tkpack(tkbutton(base, command=Volcano, text="Volcano", font=font),
side="left")
     tkpack(tkbutton(base, command=ChangeColour, text="Change colour",
font=font), side="left")
     tkpack(tkbutton(base, command=SmoothingDemo, text="Smoothing",
font=font), side="left")
}

PointCloud, Volcano, ChangeColour, and SmoothingDemo are regular R
functions, called with no arguments when you click on their button.

Duncan Murdoch