[R] R shell line width

Mike P mike.polyakov at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 21:48:49 CEST 2011

Hi,

I want to apologize in advance if this has already been asked. I
wasn't able to find any information, either on google or from local
list search.

I'm running an R shell from a linux command line, in an xterm window.
Whenever I print a data frame, only the first couple of columns are
printed side-by-side, the others are being repositioned below them. It
seems something is limiting the line width of the output, even though
there is enough horizontal space to fit each row on a single line.

For example, this command:

> data.frame(matrix(1:30,nrow=1))

prints columns 1-21 on the first line, and the rest 22-30 on the second.

Is there a way I can configure R to increase the width of my output?

Thanks.