[R] Planned comparison ANOVA

robcinm robcinm at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 06:58:42 CEST 2011

I am trying to do a priori ANOVA analysis for a class assignment. The
professor uses SPSS and does not know R. I want to do a simple planned
comparison but have been unable to find a function or specific help. There
is a grouping variable with five levels and a subsequent response variable.
I also created a few columns that contain my group contrasts to see if
anything could come of that. My first hypothesis, for example, is that group
1 and group 5 differ. My second is that groups 1 & 2 differ from 4 & 5 and
so on...

I searched and found people wanting similar help, but their projects were a
little beyond my R comprehension right now and the help given did not apply.