[R] graph bugs using R on MAC

Don McKenzie dmck at u.washington.edu
Sun Sep 18 21:48:44 CEST 2011

On 18-Sep-11, at 12:38 PM, bby2103 at columbia.edu wrote:

> This is has been bugging me for a long time. Nobody around me seems
> to have this problem. I hope someone on the forum could help me.
>
> When I generate a R graph and want to bring the image into Word. I
> cannot copy and paste it like many of my classmates can do. The
> "Select" in Edit menu have all options grayed out.

You want "Copy", not "Select".  Then Paste into your word processor.

> So what I ended up doing is to save it as pdf file and bring it
> into Word. But if I use "Identify" in the Plot statement, there
> will be values labels on the graph when you click on the
> observation. For some reason, these labels don't show up in the pdf
> file.
>
> So the last resort I have is prinscreen, which always have
> irrelevant things showing.
>
> I've tried updating R/OS and all softwares on my MAC, but nothing
> seems to do anything. I have OX 10.6.8. Does this problem sound
> familiar to anyone?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Bonnie Yuan

> guide.html

When we look at the wings of the eagle
To the left, closest to the heart, is the spirit
To the right, far away from the heart, is the science
No bird can ever lift off with wings that are not equal

-- Greenland First Nations elder
     quoted in EOS Transactions

Don McKenzie, Research Ecologist
Pacific WIldland Fire Sciences Lab
US Forest Service

Affiliate Professor
School of Forest Resources, College of the Environment
CSES Climate Impacts Group
University of Washington

phone: 206-732-7824
dmck at uw.edu