[R] graph bugs using R on MAC

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 21:59:02 CEST 2011

On 11-09-18 3:48 PM, Don McKenzie wrote:

> On 18-Sep-11, at 12:38 PM, bby2103 at columbia.edu wrote:
>
>> This is has been bugging me for a long time. Nobody around me seems
>> to have this problem. I hope someone on the forum could help me.
>>
>> When I generate a R graph and want to bring the image into Word. I
>> cannot copy and paste it like many of my classmates can do. The
>> "Select" in Edit menu have all options grayed out.
>
> You want "Copy", not "Select".  Then Paste into your word processor.

That doesn't work for me with OpenOffice (I don't have Word).
copy2eps(file="some.eps") does work, along with Insert | Picture | From
file...

>> So what I ended up doing is to save it as pdf file and bring it
>> into Word. But if I use "Identify" in the Plot statement, there
>> will be values labels on the graph when you click on the
>> observation. For some reason, these labels don't show up in the pdf
>> file.

They did show up with copy2eps().  I didn't try copy2pdf(); my copy of
OpenOffice doesn't recognize .pdf as a picture type.

But Bonnie will probably get a better answer on the R-sig-mac list.

Duncan Murdoch