[R] Function for running a sign test

Sarah Goslee sarah.goslee at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 13:16:50 CEST 2011

Dear Paul,

On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 6:55 AM, Paul Smith <phhs80 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks, Sarah. I am simply astonished at your brilliance. Please,
> search RSeek and check whether you can find a function to perform an
> one-sample median test via a sign test; I could not, but I am not a
> genius as you are.

Please reread your original request, included below for your convenience.
You asked about a sign test, with no explanation of what you meant.

My reply: that searching turned up lots of sign test options, but that without
more information we couldn't advise you as to whether any were suitable.

I'm flattered that you feel my ability to ask for more information is
brilliant, but I practice a lot on this list because many people ask
poorly-formed questions.

Now that we know you want a "one sample median sign test", your
question may be answerable.

For instance, does this help:
http://www.r-tutor.com/elementary-statistics/non-parametric-methods/sign-test

Or this?