[R] Possible or not possible: serif axis labels with plotmath [but everything else sans serif]?

Eik Vettorazzi E.Vettorazzi at uke.de
Mon Sep 19 15:07:34 CEST 2011

Hi Jan Marius,
I had a lot of positive experience with tkiz, but yes, handling large
datasets can push it to the limits.

Anyway, in your case, isn't it as simple as

plot(x, y, type="b",xlab="",ylab="")
title(xlab=expression(x[1]), ylab=expression(x[2]),family="serif")

cheers

--
Eik Vettorazzi

Department of Medical Biometry and Epidemiology
University Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf

Martinistr. 52
20246 Hamburg

T ++49/40/7410-58243
F ++49/40/7410-57790