[R] Results of applying na.omit on zoo object

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Sep 19 23:00:19 CEST 2011

On Mon, 19 Sep 2011, Marc Schwartz wrote:

>>  Is there a way to omit only those rows where all columns contain 'NA'?

> You can look at ?complete.cases for one approach, presuming that it will
> work on zoo objects.

Marc,

   Do I even need to worry about these NAs? Thanks to Gabor I have a data
frame with 296 stream/parameter sets. Each set begins and ends on a
different date (used as the zoo index).

   What I want to do initially is plot the time series for each
stream/parameter to see what each has to tell us. In this case, if there are
years of NAs prior to the fist measurement for that stream/parameter pair,
will this affect anything.

   On a related note, I'm reading the zoo help pages and vignettes but do not
see the syntax for specifying which stream/parameter pair I want to plot.
What do I read to learn how to do this?

Rich