[R] Results of applying na.omit on zoo object

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Sep 20 00:23:13 CEST 2011

On Mon, 19 Sep 2011, Gabor Grothendieck wrote:

> For accurate information on the design of zoo read
>
> vignette("zoo-design")
>
> and the other four vignettes and as well as the help files in the zoo
> package.

Gabor,

   That's what I've done today. Haven't totally absorbed everything but I do
have a much better understanding of zoo.

> plot(z) # multiple panels

   I exceed the 50 panel limit because there are 296 stream/parameter pairs.

> plot(z, screen = 1) # all columns on 1 panel

   I did this in lattice and the marginal labels are a solid block. :-)

> xyplot also accepts the screen= argument and more info is in ?plot.zoo and
> ?xyplot.zoo Like most zoo functions they tend to work like core R
> functions so if you understand those then the working with the zoo ones
> come natural.

   So, the leading and trailing rows that contain only NAs are ignored.
That's great to know! What can I do to get a list of the number associated
with each stream/parameter pair so I can specify which to plot, or which
pair to superimpose?

Thanks,

Rich