[R] R CMD build and vignettes

Enrico Schumann enricoschumann at yahoo.de
Wed Sep 21 13:45:26 CEST 2011

There are various options, and it depends on your work flow and the
people that you expect to use the code. If they get a working copy of
the directory (with only the Rnw-files*) and then build/install the
package, they get the pdfs; so you do not need to add the pdfs. (If they
don't build the package, you could also distribute the tarball.)

You can also build the vignettes through 'Sweave' (in the utils package;
or use 'R CMD Sweave'). Or, after you ran 'R CMD check', go to the
'<pkg>.Rcheck' directory it created: there you will also find the pdfs
(under /<pkg>/doc). Or simply extract the pdfs from the *.tar.gz.

As I said, it depends on your work flow and the work flow of your
coworkers. If you need to provide the pdfs, you can decide on one way
and then write some batch-file that automates the procedure.

Regards,
Enrico

* and other required files like bib-files

--
Enrico Schumann
Lucerne, Switzerland