[R] heatmap.2 with colsep and sepwidth

Christian Ruckert cruckert at uni-muenster.de
Wed Sep 21 15:25:54 CEST 2011

I am using attributes colsep and sepwidth from heatmap.2 function,
however when using larger values for sepwidth the following columns are
not moved to the right but the seperator is covering the column(s) with
a white bar and the column labels and ColSideColors remain at their
positions, is this intended? I expected the following columns to be
shifted to the right by sepwidth. Is there a way to achieve this?

Here is a simple example

library(gplots)

col <- c( rgb(0,100:0,0,maxColorValue=100),
rgb(0:100,0,0,maxColorValue=100) )

heatmap.2(matrix(c(1,2,3,4,9,6,7,3), nrow=2), col=col, trace="none",
density.info="density", key=FALSE, ColSideColors=rep("blue", 4),
denscol="white", scale="row", dendrogram="none", colsep=c(2), sepwidth=1.8)

Regards,
Christian