[R] Reading data in lisp format

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Wed Sep 21 17:08:08 CEST 2011

If you think that R is loosely typed, then examining LiSP code will
change your mind, or at least give you a new data point further out on
the "Loose-Tight" axis. I think you will need to do the processing "by
hand".

The organization of the data is fairly clear. There are logical
columns with values :neg and :pos, categorical columns with values in
(id <value>) pairs, numeric ones and then a group of computed columns
at the bottom. It also appears that after the first enumeration of ids
with logical values that subsequent logical variables are defined
possibly with "pos:" values only.

So I guess the counter-question is: How important is this particular
dataset to you??

And  further question might be, are you sure that you don't want the
dataset that is right next to it: ftp://ftp.ics.uci.edu/pub/machine-learning-databases/credit-screening/crx.data

It is well-behaved comma-separated file.
--
David.