[R] raster plot is empty

Michael Sumner mdsumner at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 01:17:09 CEST 2011

Please ensure that it is really the exact same code, I'm sure you did
not mean to plot "f", but "r" (for example).

Also, sessionInfo results are helpful always - see the posting guide
for ways to post better questions.

> library(raster)
raster version 1.9-5 (28-July-2011)
> f <- system.file("external/test.grd", package="raster")
> r <- raster(f)

Here is "f" - not "r"!  And the error here is to be expected since f
is just a character string.

> plot(f)
Error in plot.window(...) : need finite 'ylim' values
In addition: Warning messages:
1: In xy.coords(x, y, xlabel, ylabel, log) : NAs introduced by coercion
2: In min(x) : no non-missing arguments to min; returning Inf
3: In max(x) : no non-missing arguments to max; returning -Inf

Cheers, Mike.