[R] Quelplot

Goldberg, Ken [JRDUS] KGoldber at its.jnj.com
Thu Sep 22 22:01:36 CEST 2011

Hi Hadley,

Thank-you for your interest in the quelplot. I agree that Rand Wilcox only published relplot code. I do not know of any other R or S implementations. I wrote all of my code in HTBasic (Rocky Mountain BASIC) originally. I later copied some of it to SAS proc iml, but I think that was just the multivariate analog of the relplot (including the bivariate relplot).

I wonder if there is a typo in the Technometrics article, because the quelplot always worked fine for me but I recall somebody else having trouble with programming it. I think I sent that person my HTBasic code back in the early 1990's. Perhaps that was Rand. I think I did send it to somebody who asked for it in Australia.

I will have to search for my code. I know I have it on my PC in HTBasic format, but it has been a long time since I used it and may have to work a bit even to print it or to get it out into a DOS text file. I may have a DOS text file of it at home on a 3.5" diskette, but even if I could find it, I doubt if I could find a disk drive to read it! When I get it in a useable format, I can send you that code, or at least the parts of it relevant to the quelplot, if you would like it. Perhaps just browsing it would show the problem you are having with my Technometrics article, whether it was a typo or just something that I wrote poorly. There may just be a few subroutines that would need translating from HTBasic into R, and that when added to Rand Wilcox's library would give his software the quelplot capacity.

Hadley, I took your R/Splus Fundamentals and Programming Techniques course 5 years ago in Washington DC, but have used R just a couple of times since. I've rarely programmed in R, but this would be a good project for me to start with. It may be a few weeks though until I can get started on any of this though, but I will keep you informed.

Regards,
             Ken
Kenneth M. Goldberg, Ph.D.
Associate Director, Nonclinical Statistics
Johnson & Johnson Pharmaceutical Research & Development, LLC
965 Chesterbrook Boulevard, Mailstop C-4-1
Wayne, PA 19087
Tel  610-651-6924   Fax 610-651-6717
kgoldber at its.jnj.com

Confidentiality Notice:  This e-mail transmission may contain confidential or legally privileged information that is intended only for the individual or entity named in the e-mail address.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or reliance upon the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail transmission in error, please reply to the sender, so that Centocor can arrange for proper delivery, and then please delete the message from your inbox.  Thank you.

Does anyone have an R implementation of the queplot (K. M. Goldberg