[R] How to turn a LaTeX Sweave file (Rnw) into .HTML/.odf/.docx? (under windows)

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 03:32:08 CEST 2011

On 11-09-22 8:38 PM, Abhijit Dasgupta wrote:
> So, I was playing around a bit on my Mac ----
>
> LyX can do Sweave (see http://wiki.lyx.org/LyX/LyxWithRThroughSweave), and will actually output HTML or ODT. However, on a cursory pass, I couldn't get the graphics to translate,
 > since the Sweave driver translates the graphics as .ps or .pdf files,

Just a note:  Sweave is more flexible nowadays, thanks to some big
improvements by Brian Ripley.  It can produce png or jpeg figures if you
need those.

Can't help much with the original problem.  R doesn't use .tex when it
needs to produce HTML:  it uses .texi (texinfo) or its own  .Rd format.
  The latter is unlikely to suit general purpose documents, it's just
for help pages.  The former is a bit of a PITA to use.

Duncan Murdoch

and I'm not sure the HTML translator looks for them or can accept them.
The math actually translates nicely. So there is probably potential here.