[R] Kolmogorov-Smirnov test

Greg Snow Greg.Snow at imail.org
Sat Sep 24 00:51:06 CEST 2011

Are you doing the 2 sample KS test? Comparing if 2 samples come from the same distribution?

With 3,000 points you will still likely have power to find meaningless differences, what exactly are you trying to accomplish by doing the comparison?

I am really only familiar with the KS test done in R (which did not make your list, yet you are asking on an R mailing list).  Differences could be due to errors, different assumptions, different algorithms, sunspots, or any number of other things.  Are the differences meaningful?  R lets you see exactly what it is doing so you can check errors/assumptions/algorithms, I don't know about the ones you show.

You will need to ask someone who knows the programs you reference to determine what input they are expecting.  R expects the raw data.