[R] Supporting R/Membership

Joshua Wiley jwiley.psych at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 17:43:11 CEST 2011

Dear R Users,

I know issues like this have come up in the past.  I am wondering how
many people would be interested in an online mechanism for donating to
the R Foundation or for becoming supporting members.  Right now, the
link for it is somewhat buried on the R home page, and once you get
there, the options are to mail or fax a form.  IIRC, Paypal was not a
good option due to some fees, but just making the form submittable
online would make things a lot easier.  Also credit cards expire and
then new numbers need to be sent.

I printed the form to mail off, but anecdotally I had planned on this
for well over a year and kept putting it off.  If this is something
that useRs and the R Foundation would be interested in, I would be
happy to help work on setting something up and maintaining it.

Cheers,

Josh

--
Joshua Wiley