[R] Supporting R/Membership

Joshua Wiley jwiley.psych at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 17:17:12 CEST 2011

So we have at least three people interested, maybe not call for a
totally new system.  What about a PDF form that could be filled out
digitally, saved, encrypted using the R Foundation's public key, and
emailed?  GPG keys are free, and I can make a fillable PDF.  Is that
sufficiently secure?  Are there risks I am missing?  In fact, attached
is a sample of how the form could work.  For the overall signature,
you could just retype your name, but for the credit card, the field is
a digital signature.

I know what you mean about being uncomfortable sending credit card
details by mail---I'd almost just as well send it in plain text via
email as plain text via post.

Anymore thoughts?  I did check out Paypal again, even for a nonprofit,
there is a 2.2% transaction fee + additional fees for currency
conversion + international fees.

Josh

--
Joshua Wiley