[R] Supporting R/Membership

Joshua Wiley jwiley.psych at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 17:31:25 CEST 2011

Thanks for the insight, Ben.  I can appreciate not wanting the hassle
of administration, and I suppose there are already sufficient funds
for the fixed costs of stuff like the website.

I like the idea of an intermediary that would handle all the issues
related to donations, non-profit, etc.  Then funds could periodically
be transfered to the R Foundation or if there were specific related
community projects (useR and crantastic come to mind), it could also
support those.  I do not see a reasonable solution to the trust issue,
though.  The only people I think the community could get behind as
trustworthy are the developers, which gets right back to R core
dealing with administration.