[R] my R query

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Tue Sep 27 20:38:57 CEST 2011

On Sep 27, 2011, at 1:47 PM, arindam fadikar wrote:

> I have made a level plot in R of a variable using the lattice package.
> This grid corresponds to South Asia. I am only interested in viewing
> the values of this variable (aerosol optical depth) for certain
> countries in South Asia. I have a dummy variable that takes the value
> 1 for the countries I am interested in and 0 otherwise. Is it possible
> for me to colour this part of the grid black or any other colour?
>
> Here is my R code:
>
> levelplot(aod ~ longitude + latitude | factor(day), data = aod_Jan,
>  aspect="iso", contour = TRUE, layout=c(1,1))

This was cross-posted on StackOverflow where the user name was
"ridhima".  I posted a response there about 45 minutes ago. Cross-
posting at short intervals is deprecated on r-help. Obviously when one
has not gotten an answer in some reasonable period of time, say 48
hours, it would make sense to repost in on a different list.

--

David Winsemius, MD
West Hartford, CT