[R] How can I check a package is installed or not?

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 22:13:32 CEST 2011

On 11-09-27 3:19 PM, Fabrice Tourre wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> How can I detect a package is installed or not? If not, then install it.

Here's one way.  This might be slow if you have all of CRAN installed,
but it's quick enough if you only have a few dozen packages:

installed <- rownames(installed.packages())

"DESeq" %in% installed

Another way is to use

if (!require("DESeq")) ...

but that will give warnings if DESeq is not there.

Duncan Murdoch