[R] Package lattice: levelplot for matrix method produces images with blank lines ...

Pepito Grillo dedalus_sky at yahoo.es
Wed Sep 28 02:16:46 CEST 2011

Dear R-users,

I am trying to produce a levelplot of a matrix of values (430x430) using "levelplot" from lattice package. My problem is that I am not able to obtain an image without blank/white lines in some rows and columns (a continuous image). Attached are two png files (different resolution) showing the problem.

Is it possible to obtain "continuous images" as with the 'formula' method? I am not able to understand where is the point, and I would like to use "levelplot" (instead of filled.contour) because I can choose where to position the colorkey-map.

Thank you very much in advance,
kind regards,

Pedro.

PS:Of course, I 've read the help page and searched in the mail archives but ... no hint.