[R] Adding axis to an ellipse: "ellipse" package

Rolf Turner rolf.turner at xtra.co.nz
Wed Sep 28 22:41:20 CEST 2011

On 28/09/11 20:34, Antoine wrote:
> Thanks a lot Rolf, I knew it would be possible to do it that way but I
> was just curious to know if the ellipse package was offering such a
> feature. Thanks again for you help!

Well, since the help for "ellipse" makes no mention of such a
facility it is *highly* unlikely that there would be one.  And in
general in R, if there is no obvious built-in way of accomplishing
a task, it is probably faster to roll your own rather than expending
time on fruitless searching.  (I have a vague recollection of there
being a fortune along similar lines, but I can't find it.)

     cheers,

         Rolf Turner