[R] Covariance-Variance Matrix and For Loops

R. Michael Weylandt michael.weylandt at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 15:19:16 CEST 2011

Without seeing cvm1_list, I can't guarantee this will work, but consider this:

testList = list(rnorm(500), rnorm(500), rnorm(500), rnorm(500), rnorm(500))
testMat = simplify2array(testList)
covTest = cov(testMat)

Running your code works on my testList, so I can't help there without
a reproducible example.

One classic that might fit what you are looking for is

Becker, R. A., Chambers, J. M. and Wilks, A. R. (1988) The New S
Language. Wadsworth & Brooks/C

but you might be better served by the updated

Chambers' "Programming with Data: A Guide to the S language" (2004)

Hope this helps,

Michael Weylandt