[R] trouble in installing package "matching".

Brian Diggs diggsb at ohsu.edu
Fri Sep 30 20:54:20 CEST 2011

On 9/29/2011 8:14 PM, Jp zhu wrote:
> I am a new R user. I trying to install a package all Matching but failed.
> Here is the error msg.
>> install.packages("Matching", dependencies=TRUE)
> Installing package(s) into ‘C:/Users/jzhu/Documents/R/win-library/2.13’
> (as ‘lib’ is unspecified)
> --- Please select a CRAN mirror for use in this session ---
> Warning: unable to access index for repository

This seems to be your problem.  For some reason, you don't seem to be
able to get to the mirror.  It is up, so the problem is probably at your
end.  Firewall, maybe?  Can you even get to http://cran.wustl.edu/ using
a browser?

> http://cran.wustl.edu/bin/windows/contrib/2.13
> Warning: unable to access index for repository
> http://www.stats.ox.ac.uk/pub/RWin/bin/windows/contrib/2.13
> Warning messages:
> 1: In open.connection(con, "r") :
>    unable to connect to 'cran.r-project.org' on port 80.
> 2: In getDependencies(pkgs, dependencies, available, lib) :
>    package ‘Matching’ is not available (for R version 2.13.1)
>
> Thanks.
> JP
>
> --

Brian S. Diggs, PhD
Senior Research Associate, Department of Surgery
Oregon Health & Science University