[R] linear-by-linear association model in R?

Michael Friendly friendly at yorku.ca
Mon Apr 2 14:56:04 CEST 2012

On 4/2/2012 3:34 AM, Christofer Bogaso wrote:
> Dear all, can somebody give me some pointer how I can fit a
> "linear-by-linear association model" (i.e. loglinear model for the
> ordinal variables) in R? A brief description can be found here
> 'https://onlinecourses.science.psu.edu/stat504/node/141'.
>
> Thanks for your help

See my short course, http://www.datavis.ca/courses/VCD/

in particular, http://www.datavis.ca/courses/VCD/R/mental-glm.R

# fit linear x linear (uniform) association.  Use integer scores for
rows/cols
Cscore <- as.numeric(Mental$ses)
Rscore <- as.numeric(Mental$mental)
linlin <- glm(Freq ~ mental + ses + Rscore:Cscore,
                 family = poisson, data = Mental)

--
Michael Friendly     Email: friendly AT yorku DOT ca
Professor, Psychology Dept.