[R] A contour plot question - vis.gam () function in "mgcv"

Ravi Varadhan rvaradhan at jhmi.edu
Tue Apr 3 22:48:56 CEST 2012

Hi,

Please see the attached contour plot (I am sorry about the big file).  This was created using the vis.gam() function in "mgcv" package.  However, my question is somewhat broader.

In generating this figure, I first created the contours using vis.gam() and then I plotted the points.  These point are plotted on top of the contours so that some of the contour lines are only partially visible.  Is there a way to make the contour lines fully visible?  I cannot reverse the order and plot the points first and then call vis.gam().  Or, can I?  Are there other options?

Thanks for any help or hints.

Best,
Ravi

Ravi Varadhan, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
The Center on Aging and Health
Division of Geriatric Medicine & Gerontology
Johns Hopkins University
rvaradhan at jhmi.edu<mailto:rvaradhan at jhmi.edu>
410-502-2619