[R] plot with a regression line(s)

R. Michael Weylandt <michael.weylandt@gmail.com> michael.weylandt at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 17:30:49 CEST 2012

I'm not sure what your definition of easier would be, but there are some style things you might want to be aware of:

I) the name is likely to hit up against the S3 generic plot() when applied to a glm object. This might lead to strange bugs at some point.
II) you can test !is.null once and use on.exit() to delay the clean-up call to dev.off()
III) I'm not sure about glm objects but abline() applied to an lm object automatically plots a best fit line saving you a line or so of code.
IV) You probably don't want to print() m at the end: the REPL will print it automatically in interactive top level calls and it will be rather noisy if you start wrapping this in other calls.

Hope this helps,
Michael