[R] Looking for the name of a certain kind of quantile plot

Carl Witthoft carl at witthoft.com
Thu Apr 5 02:15:36 CEST 2012

Thanks, Chuck.  That looks about right.

And I would have provided repro code, but I was forced to write it in
Matlab on account of corporate rules, and haven't translated to R yet.

Carl Witthoft <carl at witthoft.com> writes:

 > Hi,
 > While playing with quantile-quantile plots, I wrote up some code which
 > plots something strangely different.  Here's the pseudocode:
 >
 > testhist <- hist(sample_data)
 > refhist <- hist(rnorm(n, mean=0,sd=1))  # for some large-ish n
 > cumtest <- cumsum(testhist)
 > cumref <- cumsum(refhist)
 >
 > plot(cumref,cumtest)

Sounds like a 'pp-plot'. See

       http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P-P_plot

Why not provide reproducible code?

Chuck

--

Sent from my Cray XK6
"Quidvis recte factum, quamvis humile, praeclarum."