[R] Best way to search r- functions and mailing list?

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at structuremonitoring.com
Thu Apr 5 18:57:22 CEST 2012

The "sos" package is designed to search help pages only and sort the
results by package.  It includes a vignette describing how to get the
results as an Excel file giving an efficient summary of which packages
contain help pages of interest including the latest date updated, etc.
I designed the package to be the quickest lit search for anything
statistical, and I don't know of anything better.  I may want to look
elsewhere later, but I always start a lit search there.  I suspect that
others have not found it that useful or someone else would have
mentioned it earlier on this thread ;-)  Spencer

--
Spencer Graves, PE, PhD
President and Chief Technology Officer