[R] Bayesian Belief Networks

kritikool krithika.gu at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 22:54:37 CEST 2012

Hi Marco,

I saw this post and was wondering if you would be able to help me.

I have a gene expression data file that i would like to build a bayesian n/w
on.
I input a file with samples as rows and columns as features into the bnlearn
package.

I read through the pdf file that talks about the bnlearn package. I
understood the many different approaches for discrete data, but did not
really understand what to do with continuous data. The example for
continuous data on your web site, built an empty network with only nodes
when I implemented it. (code shown below:
data(gaussian.test)
res = empty.graph(names(gaussian.test))
modelstring(res) = "[A][B][C][D][C|A:B][D|B][F|A:D:E:G]"
plot(res)

Do you have your own example which describes what functions to use step and
step and how to plot the n/w ?

Any help appreciated.
thanks