[R] how to add 3d-points to bplot {rms} figure?

phi771 phi771 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 00:24:55 CEST 2012

Hello!
I have created a bplot-figure using this code:

*file <- "2dcali_red.ttt"
ux<-as.matrix(read.table(file, dec = ","))

mode(ux)<-'numeric'

vel<-ux[,1]
ang<-ux[,2]
x<-ux[,3]
y<-ux[,4]

dat<- data.frame(ang=ang, x=x,y=y)

require(rms)

ddist2 <- datadist(dat)
options(datadist="ddist2")

fitn <- lrm(ang ~ rcs(x,4) + rcs(y,4), data=dat)
predi <- Predict(fitn, x, y)

bplot(predi,lfun=wireframe, screen = list(z = -40, x = -80), drape=TRUE)*

The file 2dcali_red.ttt  consists of 4 columns can be found here :
http://www.color-space.de/upload/dl/2dcali_red.ttt link

The code gives me the bplot-figure, which looks like this:
http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/file/n4544050/Screen_shot_2012-04-10_at_12.04.24_AM.png

Now I want to add some 3d data (x,y,z) to this plot (like scatterplot3d),
but i don't know how. I also don't know how to extract the x,y,z mesh as
coordinates from the bplot. Some help would be very appreciated. Thank you!