[R] How to get the SS and MS from oneway.test?

lulumecindy cindy852133 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 04:16:54 CEST 2012

Hello everyone:
                            I'm a new member of this group.
                            I have a question about "oneway.test".
                            When I use "anova(lm(....))" to analysis the
ANOVA,
                            I can get the information about Sum Sq  and Mean
Sq.
                            (The R code and the results are as follows.)

 > anova(lm(BackCalac~factor(Assay),data=Control))
Analysis of Variance Table
Response: BackCalac
                      Df  Sum Sq Mean Sq F value    Pr(>F)
factor(Assay)  4 270.846  67.711  56.219 1.345e-10 ***
Residuals     20  24.088   1.204

                            But it default the variances are the same.
                            If the variances aren't equal. I need to use the
"oneway.test" method.
                            Because oneway.test has the option about
"var.equal=F".
                            Here, I have a question about "oneway.test",
                            How can I get "SS", and "MS" information from
"oneway.test"?
                            My R code and the results are as follows.
                            Thank you very much.  :)

> oneway.test(BackCalac~factor(Assay), var.equal=T,data=Control)
        One-way analysis of means
data:  BackCalac and factor(Assay)
F = 56.2191, num df = 4, denom df = 20, p-value = 1.345e-10
> oneway.test(BackCalac~factor(Assay), var.equal=F,data=Control)
        One-way analysis of means (not assuming equal variances)
data:  BackCalac and factor(Assay)
F = 92.8834, num df = 4.000, denom df = 9.625, p-value = 1.165e-07