[R] cbind, data.frame | numeric to string?

R. Michael Weylandt michael.weylandt at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 17:38:51 CEST 2012

Don't use cbind() -- it forces everything into a single type, here
string, which in turn becomes factor.

Simply,

data.frame(a, b, c)

Like David mentioned a few days ago, I have no idea who is promoting
this data.frame(cbind(...)) idiom, but it's a terrible idea (albeit
one that seems to be very frequent over the last few weeks)

Michael