[R] Error using return() function inside for loop and if statement

R. Michael Weylandt michael.weylandt at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 05:26:23 CEST 2012

The error message should make it pretty clear -- you aren't inside a
function so you can't return() a value which is, by definition, what
functions (and only functions) do.** Not sure there's a great
reference for this though beyond the error message....

Incidentally, what are you trying to do here? The code doesn't really
make much sense to me -- do you just want samples = 5*(1:10) ?

Michael

** I think there's a subtlety glossed over herein: functional
programming purists can wince silently if they so choose.