[R] plot 2 graphs on the same x-y plane

R. Michael Weylandt michael.weylandt at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 05:31:08 CEST 2012

This is the same malformatted message you posted on R-SIG-Mac even
after David specifically asked for clarification.... not to reward bad
behavior, but perhaps this will enlighten:

# Minimal reproducible data!
x <- runif(15, 0, 5)
y <- 3*x - 2 + runif(15)

dat <- data.frame(x = x, y = y)
rm(list = c("x", "y"))

# Base graphics plot using the formula interface
plot(y ~ x, data = dat)
abline(lm(y~x, data = dat), col = "red3", lwd = 2)

Alternatively

library(ggplot2)
ggplot(dat, aes(x = x, y = y)) + geom_point() + stat_smooth(method =
"lm", color = I("red3"))

which is perhaps overkill in this situation.

Michael