[R] convex nonnegative basis vectors in nullspace of matrix

capy_bara hettling at few.vu.nl
Wed Apr 11 15:04:28 CEST 2012

Dear all,

I want to explore the nullspace of a matrix S: I currently use the function
Null from the MASS package to get a basis for the null space:
> S  = matrix(nrow=3, ncol=5, c(1,0,0,-1,1,1,1,-1,-1,0,-1,0,0,0,-1)); S
> MASS::Null(t(S))
My problem is that I actually need a nonnegative basis for the null space of
S.
There should be a unique set of convex basis vectors spanning a vector space
in which each vector v satisfies sum (S %*%  v) == 0 and min(v)>=0.
Is there maybe an R function that can calculate that for me?
I would appreciate any help,
Thanks in advance,

Hannes