[R] Simple Problem: Plotting mathematical functions

Aye muudle at hotmail.de
Thu Apr 12 20:29:55 CEST 2012

Hey there,
I want to plot 5 parabola functions, which happen to be
f(x) = 0.25x² + 6,47x -32.6
g(x)=0.99x² -6x -195
j(x)= 0.77x² +14x -495
k(x)=0.001x² + 65x -785
l(x) = 0.9x² -2x -636

in the same graph. Sadly I even do not really understand how to plot just
one graph...
I found this code in the Internet, which plots a cos-function:

>x <- seq( -10, 10, length = 1000)
>plot(x, *sin(x)*, xlab="x-values", ylab="f(x)", type="l")
>lines(x, cos(x), lty=3)
>title( "Trigonometric functions", "sin(x) and cos(x)")

If I replace the sin(x) thing (bold) with one of my functions, it doesn't
work and reports an unwanted character.

Can somebody help me with that?