[R] problem with svyby and NAs (survey package)

A.F.Fenton at lse.ac.uk A.F.Fenton at lse.ac.uk
Fri Apr 13 21:17:39 CEST 2012

> I'm trying to get the proportion "true" for dichotomous variable for
various
> subgroups in a survey.

Sorry, I'm new to the list, and just saw the advice about minimally
reproducible code. Here goes:

library(survey)
foo <- data.frame(id       = 1:25,
                  weight   = runif(25),
                  year     = rep(2002:2006, 5),
                  problem  = rnorm(25) > 0)
foo.dsn = svydesign(id=~id, weight=~weight, data=foo)
svyby(~problem, ~year, foo.dsn, svymean, na.rm=TRUE) # Fine

# One year is missing
foo[foo$year == 2004, "problem"] = NA
foo.dsn = svydesign(id=~id, weight=~weight, data=foo)
svyby(~problem, ~year, foo.dsn, svymean, na.rm=TRUE) # Error

thanks
alex