[R] R error- "more columns than column names"

andronikos1990 andronikos18 at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 14 06:00:57 CEST 2012

Hi all, I had the same problem and I was trying to solve with several ways.
However it was the most simple thing. While I was extracting the file from
Excel to a csv file I was using "," instead of "." inside my numbers (for
example "9,28" instead of "9.28") and each column was seperated with a ";"
instead of ",". General rule: open your csv file first and see if everything
is in position first. Then try mess with R! :-)
Hope my silly mistake helps others to save some time.