[R] Effeciently sum 3d table

David A Vavra davavra at verizon.net
Mon Apr 16 22:39:05 CEST 2012

OK. I'll take your word for it. The mapply function calls "do_mapply" so I
would have thought it is passing the operation down to the C code. I haven't
tracked it any further than below.

> mapply
function (FUN, ..., MoreArgs = NULL, SIMPLIFY = TRUE, USE.NAMES = TRUE)
{
    FUN <- match.fun(FUN)
    dots <- list(...)
    answer <- .Call("do_mapply", FUN, dots, MoreArgs, environment(),
        PACKAGE = "base")

... etc.