[R] How to add specific column to data.set?

phillip03 phillipbrigham at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 18 08:24:38 CEST 2012

Wow it works :) Thank you SO much!!
I am very new at R and was thinking if you would explain what these to codes
do:

countries<-data.frame(country1,country2,stringsAsFactors=FALSE)

# I know this i a vector with both my county lists but what does
stringsAsFacors= FALSE do ?. What if I wantede a row with 1=TRUE and 0=FALSE

and

cbind(countries,EMU=Reduce(`&`, lapply(countries,
+ function(x) x %in% euro)))

# here I columnbind my new defined vector and produce a new one ? What does
the Reduce and lapply do ?

I am also not quite sure of the dput() you wrote michael sorry. I understand
if you dont have the time to help further :)

Ph