[R] introducing R to high school students

Kjetil Halvorsen kjetilbrinchmannhalvorsen at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 16:40:43 CEST 2012

see below.

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 2:39 PM, Hadley Wickham <hadley at rice.edu> wrote:
>> If the students are in a "science research" class, does that mean they
>> have data from their own research that they would want to understand
>> better?  I think that would be much more motivating than anything else.
>
> It might depends on the class - most high school science experiments
> aren't that compelling.

Yes. But then , one should try to give them ideas for better experiments!

One thing I would want to do is learn them the basics (very____ basics!) of
factorial experiments, and then let them use it for bettering the
design of, foe example,
paper planes. (or they could make soap in the chem lab and use
factorial experiments to better the process)

Kjetil

 Depending on the audience you might find