[R] Creating a point pattern with spatstat

AMFTom the.quiet.room at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 13:01:55 CEST 2012

The graphic produced was what I was after, except it was inverted. The
original tabular data represents a plot as oriented in the field i.e. with
North at the top, South at the bottom. The graphic from this had South at
the top and North at the bottom, so I input the data the other way around
i.e. instead of:

X12 = c(0L, 0L, 1L, 1L, 1L, 1L, 1L, 0L, 1L, 1L, 1L, 1L)),

I changed it to

X12 = c(1L, 1L, 1L, 1L, 0L, 1L, 1L, 1L, 1L, 1L, 0L, 0L)),

Is there a way that R can read these data as Cartesian co-ordinates to save
having to write out the whole table every time?