[R] Scrape data from Scopus: login through R?

mdvaan mathijsdevaan at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 04:15:37 CEST 2012

Hello,

The Scopus bibliographic database allows one to manually download batches of
2000 publications. The data is rich but does not provide one with a field
containing the author id. However, author id's can be retrieved through the
hyperlinks on the Scopus website. I have two questions:

1. My institution has a Scopus license, so I need to login. How do I do that
in R (through Rcurl, XML?)?
2. How do I scrape hyperlinks?

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks