[R] lm()

Stephen Sefick sas0025 at auburn.edu
Mon Apr 23 15:12:36 CEST 2012

Rpart has a built in cross-validation proceedure.  the xerror and so on
are based on a ten fold cross validation, I believe.  Read the manual
for more results.  If you plot the fit with post and then look at the
postscript file it should have a misclassification rate under the
terminal nodes.
HTH,

Stephen

On Mon 23 Apr 2012 02:58:37 AM CDT, Mariam wrote:
> Hi, Jorge!
> Help me please! I made a classification tree (rpart package) according to my train data and set of variables. How can I validate my test data? I want to check if the test data will classified properly by the same tree. Thanks
> cheers
> Maria
>

> Tue, 10 Apr 2012 08:44:39 -0700 (PDT) от "Jorge I Velez [via R]"<ml-node+s789695n4546022h28 at n4.nabble.com>:
>

>   Hi Mariam,
>
> Check out the ?poly function.
>
> Best,
> Jorge.-
>

> On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 10:12 AM, Mariam<>  wrote:
>
>> People, help me please!
>> How to use lm() function to defind a cofficient for 7-polinom, and what
>> expression should I put in /formula/
>>
>> --
>>
> Â  Â  Â  Â  [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

>   NAML
>

> --

Stephen Sefick
Auburn University
Biological Sciences
331 Funchess Hall
Auburn, Alabama
36849
sas0025 at auburn.edu
http://www.auburn.edu/~sas0025

Let's not spend our time and resources thinking about things that are
so little or so large that all they really do for us is puff us up and
make us feel like gods.  We are mammals, and have not exhausted the
annoying little problems of being mammals.

                                -K. Mullis

"A big computer, a complex algorithm and a long time does not equal
science."

                              -Robert Gentleman