[R] change color scheme in mvpart

leanne heisler leanneheisler at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 24 03:05:11 CEST 2012

> From: dwinsemius at comcast.net
> To: leanneheisler at hotmail.com
> Subject: Re: [R] change color scheme in mvpart
> Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 19:20:06 -0400
>
> The fact that you are posting in HTML indicates that a) you have
> either not read the Posting Guide or b) do not know enough about your
> mailer to adhere to its advice or c) perhaps are just headstrong and
> do not mind annoying the people who think it is a good idea.
>
> Perhaps you also have decided not to follow its advice and post
> reproducible code? As they say ... "Yer call, mate":
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKBzZIhHTtA

Sorry.

Again,

I am currently using the mvpart package and would like to change the color scheme it uses, and was hoping someone could help me out. All of the papers I have found have used a grayscale but I can't seem to figure out how they did that! Currently, mvpart plots barplots in a repeating sequence of 3 shades of blue. So if you have 6 response variables the same shade of blue is used to represent two different response variables. I would like to use grayscale and a different shade of gray for each response variable (I have 7). However, the color is more important so if I can only use 3 shades of gray thats fine.

As for reproducible code:

using libraries ade4, vegan, gclus, cluster, RColorBrewer, labdsv, mvpart, MVPARTwrap

spe.mvpart <- mvpart(data.matrix(spe) ~ ., env, cp=0, xv"1se", xval=10, xvmult=100, uniform=TRUE)

I didn't include my data but if you need it, I will email you a subset.

Leanne Heisler

Graduate Student

Department of Biology

University of Regina