[R] Help with create shared object files using R CMD INSTALL

tungp tung.pham at epfl.ch
Tue Apr 24 15:24:41 CEST 2012

Dear all,

I have a problem with creating a package using R CMD INSTALL.
Assume that I want to create a package named  Solvequations.
I have 4 Fortran files:

squareroot.f , cuberoot.f ,  quadequation.f and cubequation.f

I want to create 2 shared object files, in particular

cubequation.so    and quadequation.so

Manually, I often do the following

R CMD SHLIB    cubequation.f   cuberoot.f
R CMD SHLIB   quadequation.f    squareroot.f

and then it generates files : cubequation.so and quadequation.so

Now, for creating a package, I do not want to do manually
     R CMD SHLIB ....
I just want to type
     R CMD INSTALL  Solvequations
and I still want two files cubequation.so and quadequation.so .

How could I do it?

Best regards,
Tung